Thursday, April 5, 2012

Many Thanks!

I just want to say thanks to everybody who has contributed thus far.  As part of what I call "The Old Guard", it is refreshing to see the next generation embrace technology and awareness like this blog.  Technology sparked a revolution in Egypt, and I think it has helped raise the consciousness of the NSSBC.  I may snark back or take a few jabs now and then, but don't think for a second that I haven't been there...good OR bad, I've been a part of teams that got dinged at Regionals by a dimensional violation or by a huge construction blunder, and I've been part of an effort that produced a National Championship...it's a roller coaster, especially for you newbies, so keep up the good work, and remember that it's all worth it.  Learn as much as you can...then just let your work ethic take over.


Cheers!

5 comments:

  1. Nuff said man... now as I will become part of the old guard as well (after Clemson) I can completely agree with you... I started at UTEP Steel bridge back in fall 2009 with a team that never stood a chance on our region, and now after years of work, diligence and patience, we have assembled an amazing team, we have conquered two straight first places, 10 lbs shy of sweeping this years regional competition, and we are working very hard towards Clemson. It's nice to see all the new people jump in and get excited and share the same passion for what we do, and it's awesome to travel to places not just on our region, but like mid pac competition and Nationals to see all the other guys and all their hard work and how we represent our profession with such class and dignity, cheers! and go Miners! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like Seattle and Miami are pulling ahead...I'll give it until Friday morning (PT) and then I'm starting the next poll.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...ouch Oklahoma State! Looks like nobody wants to head to the land of Thunder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. and I'll say this...if you want to get better, you need to travel...Chrome Ollie didn't take off until a few motivated individuals went to Madison NSSBC 2002...came back pumped...3 years later...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I hope we keep building a winning tradition here in El Paso! we have motivated individuals and the spark has already been ignited!

      Delete